Easily invite previous participants to current projects with our Recruit Participants tool. Available as part of Recruit Starter, Essential, and Custom plans, this tool allows you to source candidates who previously qualified, were approved, or participated in one of your past studies.
Use the Recruit Participants tool to:
Here's a quick video outlining how you can use this tool to recruit participants faster:
1. Log into your account, select "Participants", then select "Recruit Participants".
2. On the left panel, click into the search field to browse a list of your team's projects or type to search by project name.
3. After you select a project, you'll see a new set of options to further refine your search results. Now you can specify which participant statuses you'd like to include from that project. For example – maybe on the "Dog Lovers" project you only want to see participants in the "Approved" status. Simply uncheck the "Qualified" and "Completed" statuses and you'll be left only with the approved participants from that project. Easy!
Pro Tip – the "Approved" status is a useful shortcut! It implies that the participants are a good fit for your needs... you did approve them after all! 😉 But it also means that were unable to schedule themselves for that project and they have not yet run a session with you. If you want the fastest way to find relevant participants, this might be it!
You can filter on multiple projects at a time. Just jump back up to the search box and find another project to include. The search results will be "OR." Meaning it will return participants from "Dog Lovers" OR the second project you select.
To remove a project rom the search, simply click the✖️ in the top right corner.
4. After finding the appropriate participants, click the checkbox besides their name to select them. You can do this participant by participant or select everyone on the page all at once.
5. After everyone is selected, click "Invite to project". Select the project and you're done! Selected participants will be automatically invited to your project.
When you invite past participants to your current project, participants will be sent the email below. Participants will apply as normal.
Can I edit the invite email sent to participants?
No. Currently we do not support email editing for Recruit projects.
Can I use the Recruit Participants tool to invite past participants to Hub studies?
No. The Recruit Participants tool can only be used to invite participants from previous Recruit projects with the UI audience to new Recruit projects.
I don't need to rescreen participants—how can I skip screening and review?
Participants you invite through the Recruit Participants tool must still apply, and a screener is still required. However, it's easy to simplify the application step! We recommend only adding 1 screener question. Something as simple as "Would you like to participate in a 1:1 online session about your pets?" Yes/No.
To skip the review process, such as if you're using the Recruit Participants tool for a multi-day study or for follow-up interviews where all participants will be from previous studies, select "Automatic review" when launching your project. Participants who qualify will automatically be sent a scheduling invite, saving you the review step.