Date: April 5, 2018
Effective Date: April 12, 2018
Hello and welcome to User Interviews! We will use a few terms in these Terms:
- “Terms”: these Terms of Service, which are a legally binding agreement that governs your access to our Services
- “UI”, “we”, “us” or “our”: User Interviews, Inc. (formerly known as MobileSuites, Inc.)
- “you” or “your”: you
- “Site”: www.userinterviews.com and its subdomains
- “App”: any downloadable applications we make available to you
- “Services”: any software or services we make available to you, including the Site or App
- “Content”: text content, notifications, emails, videos, images and audio or any combination thereof
BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THESE TERMS. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF ANY GROUP OR ENTITY YOU REPRESENT, IF APPLICABLE. YOU HEREBY COVENANT TO ENSURE THAT ALL USERS THAT GAIN ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES FROM YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT CLICK “I ACCEPT” AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS AND/OR USE OUR SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT USE our services, including our site or app.
THESE TERMS contain an Agreement to Arbitrate, which (i) requires that you and UI arbitrate certain claims BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION instead of going to court and (ii) limits class action claims, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate as described in the arbitration section (see SECTION 27).
These Terms are a legal agreement between you (together with the group or entity, if any, that you represent) and UI, establishing terms and conditions under which you access and use our Services. The date you first agree to or accept these Terms, or that you otherwise first access and use our Services following the date these Terms are first made available on the Site, is the “Effective Date.”
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS BEFORE USING UI, AS THEY MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT. IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, YOU CAN ALSO VIEW THESE TERMS VIA A WEB BROWSER AT WWW.USERINTERVIEWS.COM/TERMS. BY USING OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING OUR SITE OR APP, YOU REPRESENT TO US THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AND HEREBY INDICATE YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
UI reserves the right to revise these Terms in its sole discretion at any time. UI will give you notice of any such modifications in advance and will post the revised Terms on our Site. Revisions to the Terms are effective and binding on you upon the earlier of (i) the first renewal of your subscription following such notice or posting or (ii) your use of any Services after such a notice or posting.
If you wish to use our Services on behalf of a company, group, organization or other entity, then you represent and warrant that you: (a) have the authority to bind such entity to these Terms and (b) agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such entity.
We may alter, suspend, discontinue or subcontract our Services in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice. Our Services may also periodically become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons. In order to use our Services, you must have a computer with Internet access that can access our Site or a compatible mobile device enabled with our application.
When using our Services your telecommunications carrier’s normal rates and charges apply. We are not responsible for any charges you incur from your telecommunications carrier as a result of your use of our Services. You are responsible for ensuring that, at all times while using our Services, you are not in violation of your agreement with your telecommunications carrier.
Subject to these Terms and any other agreement between you and us, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use our Services solely in the manner enabled by us. Your license to use our Services is automatically revoked if you violate these Terms. From time to time, we may upgrade our Services or make improvements to our Services. You agree that these Terms will apply to any such upgrades or improvements. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of any aspect of our Services or a sale of a copy of any aspect of our Services, and we and our partners and suppliers retain all right, title and interest in our Services. We reserve all rights not expressly granted under these Terms.
We may ask you to complete a registration form and create a user name and password (“Login Credentials”). During any such registration, you shall give truthful information (such as name and email address). You are responsible for protecting your Login Credentials from unauthorized use, and you are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account (including without limitation financial obligations). You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that your Login Credentials have been or may be used without your permission so that appropriate action can be taken. We are not responsible for losses or damage caused by your failure to safeguard your Login Credentials. You are responsible for keeping your registration information up to date through your account dashboard page, to the extent such feature is made available on UI.
- Projects, Clients and Testers. You may post testing or interview opportunities (each, a “Project”) to the Services or may upload datasets including information about Testers (each, a "Contact List") to the Services (to the extent you do either of the foregoing, you are a “Client”). You may also register through the Services to participate in a Project for a Client or may give a Client permission to upload a Contact List including information about you to the Services (to the extent you do either of the foregoing, you are a “Tester”). Testers may provide certain demographic and other details to Clients for inclusion in a Contact List, or when Testers register with the Services; Clients may search for Testers by filtering for such details as such functionality is made available by UI from time to time.
- Responsibility; Limitations. Testers are independent third-party service providers and are not employees or agents of UI. UI expressly disclaims all liability for the acts or omissions of the Testers. We reserve the right to reject or remove any Project or Contact List (and the information contained therein) at any time for any or no reason. We do not guarantee fulfillment of any Project.
- Client Fees; Tester Payments.
If Client chooses to use UI as a payment intermediary for a Project, as such functionality is made available through the Services from time to time, then the following clauses ((a) through (d)) shall apply to such Project:
- To the extent a Client promises a completion fee to a Tester in association with such Project, Client shall pay to UI the full amount of such completion fee, plus the applicable recruiting and credit card processing fees established by UI from time to time, promptly upon such Tester’s completion of his or her part in such Project. Client is solely liable for completion fees promised to Testers, including for Client mistakes arising for any reason. Client and Tester acknowledge and agree that the maximum completion fee that Client may promise to any Tester for any such Project is $750 unless otherwise agreed in writing by Client and UI. Tester should contact Client to verify any promised completion fee over $750 before participating in any such Project.
- UI shall compensate each Tester that completes his or her part in such Project in the form of UI’s choosing (including in the form of gift cards to widely-used online shopping platforms) in the amount of the completion fee promised by the applicable Client for such Project. UI shall not compensate a Tester for his or her part in such Project until Client confirms such completion, even if such Tester contacts UI requesting compensation. A Tester has no right to any compensation with respect to any Project until Client confirms Tester’s completion of his or her part in the Project.
- If a Client cancels a Tester after that Tester has been scheduled, UI may, in its sole discretion, charge Client a cancellation fee plus the applicable recruiting and credit card processing fees established by UI from time to time. If UI charges a Client such a cancellation, UI may, in its sole discretion, pay a some or all of such cancellation fee to the applicable Tester. Tester has no right to any compensation for any cancellations.
- Any disputes about any fees under these Terms must be submitted to us in writing within 30 days after the date such fees are incurred. You agree to waive all disputes not brought within the 30 day period, and all such fees will be final and not subject to challenge.
- If Client does not use UI as a payment intermediary for a Project, Client and all applicable Testers acknowledge and agree that UI has no responsibilities related to payment for services provided to such Client by any applicable Testers.
- Contact Lists.
- If you upload a Contact List to the Services, you may be given the choice as to whether such Contact List and the Testers it contains will be segregated from the general population of Testers visible to (and available for Projects for) all Clients and reserved only for your use within the Services (a “Private Contact List”), or whether such Contact List and the Testers it contains will be added to the general population of Testers visible to (and available for Projects for) all Clients. Whether or not you designate a Contact List a Private Contact List, the Testers contained in such Contact List shall not be prevented from opting in to the general population of Testers through the Services or from accepting Projects from other Clients. Unless you and UI otherwise agree in writing with respect to a particular Contact List, upon the upload of any Contact List, UI may contact the Testers in such Contact List to give such Testers the opportunity to opt in to the general Tester population.
Acknowledgement for You to Receive Communications. You hereby agree:
You may opt out from receiving our newsletter by selecting to unsubscribe as may be provided in the applicable correspondence.
- to receive emails and push notifications (if you use our App) from us regarding the Services or about your use of our Services
- to receive communications, including emails, text messages, push notifications, mail and telephone calls, that include User Content or are related to the Services.
- that any communications from us may also include marketing materials from us or from third parties.
- that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically are deemed to satisfy any legal communication requirements.
- Payment. You agree that we may charge your payment method for any amounts accrued by you through your use of the Services and for any additional amounts (including but not limited to any taxes and late fees, as applicable) that may be accrued by or in connection with the account associated with your Login Credentials (as defined below). All payments must be made in United States Dollars.
- Refunds. Except as may be set forth on our Site from time to time, we have no obligation to provide refunds or credits.
UI is only a platform for connecting Testers to Projects. Each Client is solely responsible for understanding and evaluating any tax liability related to payments made to Testers and for determining the need to report any income pursuant to the requirements of local, state, or federal law. UI cannot and does not offer tax advice to Clients or to Testers; UI recommends that you consult with a tax advisor instead. You are solely responsible for any taxes arising from your use of the Services, excluding UI’s income.
UI does not claim any ownership rights in the Content posted to our Services by Clients, Testers, or any other third party (collectively, “User Content”). You represent and warrant to us that you own the User Content posted by you or that you otherwise have sufficient right, title and interest in and to such User Content to grant us the licenses and rights set forth below without violating, infringing or misappropriating the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owed to any person by reason of any User Content posted by you.
After posting User Content to our Services you continue to retain such responsibility for and rights in such User Content as you held prior to posting such User Content on our Services. By posting any User Content to our Services, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, display, reproduce, adapt, modify, re-arrange and distribute your User Content for any purpose relating to the Services through any manner, mode of delivery or media now known or developed in the future. You retain sole authorship responsibility for any User Content you post to our Services regardless of whether we modify your User Content.
You represent and warrant that you will neither post nor solicit any User Content that is personal financial information, personal health information or protected health information (as defined under applicable law).
You represent and warrant that you are not a “covered entity” for purposes of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or any state equivalent.
You may not use the Services for sending unsolicited messages (also known as “spam”).
You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Services does not generate spam or other complaints. We may terminate your access to or use of the Services if you generate such complaints, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
You agree that you are the sole or designated “sender” (as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and any rules or regulations adopted thereunder (the “CAN-SPAM Act”)), to the extent applicable to your messages, or, as applicable, the sending party as such sending party is defined in the relevant law in the relevant jurisdiction, of any message you send using the Services.
Any message you send using the Services shall (i) accurately and in a non-deceptive manner identify you, (ii) not contain any deceptive or misleading content regarding the message’s subject matter, and (iii) include your valid physical address. You shall ensure that each message you send complies with the CAN-SPAM Act, if applicable.
You will not use the Services to send any messages for advertising or promotional purposes (a “commercial electronic mail message” as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act or as such communication would be defined under any other applicable law) to anyone who has opted out or otherwise objected to receiving such messages. You acknowledge and agree that the Services are not intended for commercial messages.
You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes in compliance with these Terms and all other applicable national, state, local and international laws in your jurisdiction, including the CAN-SPAM Act, other similar laws in non-US jurisdictions, to the extent applicable; any laws or regulations related to unsolicited messages, spam, privacy, obscenity, defamation, copyright and trademark infringement and child protective email address registry laws; and any laws applicable to the content of your messages or otherwise to your use of the Services.
If you are subject to a particular law or regulation and you use our Services, then we will not be liable if our Services do not meet the applicable requirements under such law or regulation.
- We reserve the right, without prior notice and in our sole discretion, to decide whether your use of our Services violates these Terms for any of the above or below reasons or for any other reason, and if we do so, we may terminate your access to our Services and delete your User Content (or choose not to deliver your User Content).
You shall not, and shall not authorize or facilitate any attempt by another person to use our Services to:
- Damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of our Services;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through our Services;
- Use false or misleading information in connection with your user account or impersonate any other person living or dead, (you acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile that we reasonably believe is false or misleading, including a profile that impersonates a third party);
- Upload or send any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, disparaging, defamatory, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, lewd, lascivious or otherwise objectionable, as determined by UI in its sole discretion;
- Upload or send User Content that depicts or advocates the use of illegal drugs, that characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable, or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense;
- Upload or send User Content that infringes another’s copyright, trademark or trade secret;
- Upload or send unsolicited advertising or unlawfully promote products or services;
- Harass, threaten, stalk or intentionally embarrass or cause distress to another person or entity;
- Promote, solicit, or participate in any multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes;
- Exploit children under 18 years of age;
- Invade the privacy of any person, including without limitation posting personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person without their consent (or their parent’s consent in the case of a child under 13 years of age);
- Solicit personal information from children under 13 years of age;
- Create a false identity;
- Engage in fraudulent activities, including but not limited to “phishing”;
- Circumvent, remove or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent copying or using any part of our Services or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services or any User Content or UI Content;
- Introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses and/or harmful code to our Services; or
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other automated device, process, or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of our Services or any Content.
We reserve the right to consider other conduct to be prohibited; the restrictions above are intended to be illustrative.
You agree and acknowledge that the structure, organization and code used in conjunction with our Services are proprietary to us. You shall not, and shall not permit any person or entity to: (i) use our Services on a service bureau, time sharing or any similar basis, or for the benefit of any other person or entity; (ii) alter, enhance or make derivative works of our Services or any Content available through the foregoing; or (iii) reverse engineer, reverse assemble or decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive, source code from our Services. You shall not sell, transfer, publish, disclose, display or otherwise make available our Services including any modifications, enhancements, derivatives and other software and materials provided hereunder by us or copies thereof to others in violation of these Terms.
Unless otherwise noted, all UI Content contained on our Services is the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
Except to the extent, if any, that UI serves as a communications platform, UI does not take part in the interaction between Clients and Testers. UI cannot confirm that Clients or Testers are who they claim to be. UI does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of this information or any information exchanged between Clients and Testers through the Services. UI does not have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of any Project. UI is not responsible for the conduct of any Client or Tester. In no event shall UI, its affiliates or its partners be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you, any Client, any Tester or anyone else in connection with the use of the Services including, without limitation, death, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other Testers or Clients or other persons you meet through the Services. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with Clients and Testers and any other persons you may meet or interact with through the Services.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users of the Services, you hereby release UI, and UI’s officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
By using our Services, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees and agents from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities and all costs and expenses of defense (collectively, “Claims”), including without limitation attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with (i) your posting of any User Content, (ii) your use of our Services, (iii) any Project, (iv) any Contact Lists, or (v) any user or other third party’s use of any User Content that you post to our Services. At our option, you agree to defend us from any such Claims.
Clients shall carry insurance in at least the following types and amounts: general liability insurance with coverage of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate; technology errors and omissions (or cyberinsurance) with coverage of at least $1,000,000 in the aggregate; and workers compensation insurance with coverage at least matching applicable statutory minimums. Clients shall name User Interviews as additional insured on the foregoing policies, with coverage in force as primary and non-contributory. Clients shall provide User Interviews with certificates of insurance demonstrating the foregoing at User Interviews’ reasonable request.
If you believe that any materials on our Services infringe your copyright, you may request that such materials be removed. This request must bear a signature (or electronic equivalent) of the copyright holder or an authorized representative and must include the following information: (i) identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed, including a description of the work and, where possible, a copy or the location of an authorized version of the work; (ii) identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location, including a description of the material, its location on our Site or location in our App or other pertinent information that will help us to locate the material; (iii) your name, address, telephone number and email address; (iv) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement that the information in your claim is accurate; and (vi) a statement that “under penalty of perjury,” you declare that you are the lawful copyright owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. Our agent for copyright issues relating to our Services is Copyright Agent,email@example.com. In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, we reserve the right to suspend your account, delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and/or terminate the account of a repeat infringer.
Our Services may contain links to third party sites, which are independent of us and not under our control. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked third party site. In addition, a link to any third party site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such site.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by or related to any Project, UI Content or User Content, your reliance on information from our Services, information provided by another user or by your use of our Services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through our Services.
OUR SERVICES AND ALL CONTENT ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (i) THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES IS FREE OF ERRORS; (ii) THE FUNCTIONS OR SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MECHANISMS FOR DOWNLOADING AND TRANSMITTING CONTENT) PROVIDED BY OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR FREE OF ERRORS; (iii) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR (iv) THAT OUR SERVERS OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE OUR SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS.
- Disclaimer. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY OTHER USER OF OUR SERVICES, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OR COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OR MISUSE OF OUR SERVICES, YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
- Limitation. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THESE TERMS SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) $100.00 OR (ii) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US IN FEES, IF ANY, WITH RESPECT TO THE THEN-PRIOR TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD.
- Exclusions. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU BUT SHALL INSTEAD APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You release, to the fullest extent permitted by law, UI, its directors, officers, members, employees, representatives, consultants, agents, suppliers and/or distributors from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) disputes between or among users; (ii) third party sites and services, including without limitation content found on such sites and services; and (iii) claims relating to the unauthorized access to any data communications or User Content stored under or relating to your account, including unauthorized use or alteration of such communications or your User Content.
You hereby waive applicability of California Civil Code §1542, and any similar statute or principle of common law. California Civil Code §1542 says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
We may terminate your access to our Services, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, upon electronic notice to you at your registered email address or Social Networking service. You agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to our Services. We may change and update our Services from time to time. We may add or remove features including without limitation making free services into paid services and vice versa. We will give you appropriate advance notice about any major changes, although you understand that we may stop, suspend, or change our Services at any time without prior notice. You may terminate these Terms at any time by ceasing to use our Services.
Accrued obligations and all provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive will survive any termination of these Terms.
We welcome your feedback, ideas and suggestions (collectively, “Suggestions”). If you send us any Suggestions, you agree that: (i) your Suggestion(s) become our property and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (ii) none of the Suggestion(s) contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (iii) we may use or redistribute Suggestion(s) for any purpose and in any way; (iv) there is no obligation for us to review your Suggestion(s); and (v) we have no obligation to keep any Suggestions confidential.
We may provide you notice to the email address you provide to UI during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration or purchase process and you may give us notice to the address set forth on our Site as our address. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
These Terms, and any dispute between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to principles of conflicts of law that would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction, except that the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of the arbitration provisions set forth below. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that Section 24 is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute, either as a result of your decision to opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (as defined below) or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state court located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts or a federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts, except that you or we are permitted (i) to bring small claims actions in state court in the county in which you reside if such court has a small claims procedure; (ii) to bring claims for injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction over the parties; or (iii) to seek enforcement of a judgment in any court having jurisdiction over the parties. To the extent permitted by law, you and we agree to waive trial by jury in any court proceeding.
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor we can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. The opt out notice must state that you do not agree to the Agreement To Arbitrate and must include your name, address, phone number, your UI account to which the opt out applies and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. You must sign the opt out notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Agreement To Arbitrate. You must use this address to opt out:
25 First Street, #303
Cambridge, MA 02139
Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to the Arbitration Procedures (other than a change to any notice address or Site link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate the Arbitration Procedures from these Terms, such termination shall not be effective until thirty (30) days after the version of these Terms not containing the Arbitration Procedures is posted to our Site, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of removal.
In accordance with Section 23, this agreement to arbitrate will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third party without our written consent. These Terms shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties to these Terms and their respective successors, permitted transferees and permitted assigns. We and you are independent contractors and are not partners, joint venturers, agents, employees or representatives of the other party. These Terms contain the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the transactions and matters contemplated herein, supersede all previous communications, understandings and agreements (whether oral or written) other than any click-through or end user license agreement provided by us, and cannot be amended except by a writing signed by both parties or by our posting of an amended version of these Terms on our Site. The headings and captions used in these Terms are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting these Terms. If any part of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. The failure of UI to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Our Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older and who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and you discover that your child has created an unauthorized account on our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding such unauthorized account.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at 25 First Street, #303, or via email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018, MobileSuites, Inc., All Rights Reserved.