Effective date: January 9, 2023
THESE SMS TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS AS DETAILED BELOW.
1. General. Depending on your relationship with us and consents received, we or our service providers may send short message service, multimedia message service, or other similar text messages (collectively, “text messages”) to: (1) provide you with information you requested from us; (2) update you regarding Projects and other dealings with us and Researchers; (3) respond to your customer service requests and other inquiries regarding your use of our Services; and/or (4) send you marketing or promotional text messages.:
2. E-SIGN Disclosure. By agreeing to these SMS Terms, you also consent to the use of an electronic record to document your agreement. You may withdraw your consent to the use of the electronic record by emailing UI at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Revoke SMS Electronic Consent” in the subject line. To view and retain a copy of this disclosure or any information regarding your enrollment in this program, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or mobile phone) with a web browser and Internet access and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. For a free paper copy, or to update our records of your contact information, email UI at email@example.com with your contact information and the address for delivery.
3. Consent to Receipt of UI Text Messages. You may provide us with consent to send you text messages through our website or mobile application (e.g., by providing us with your phone number and signing up for text messages) or through communications or transactions with us (e.g., by initiating or agreeing to receive text message communications with customer service). By consenting to receive UI text messages, you agree that UI or its service providers may use any automated or non-automated technology to send you transactional and/or marketing text messages. You are not required to consent to marketing text messages as a condition of purchase. UI may terminate any text messaging services or your participation in our text message program at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received, but these SMS Terms will still apply.
4. Costs of UI Text Messages. UI does not charge you for our text message program. But message and data rates may apply, so depending on your plan with your wireless or other applicable provider, you may be charged by your carrier or other applicable provider.
5. Frequency of Text Messages. We may send you one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases), a request to confirm your opt-in. After that, you will receive recurring text messages, and the specific amount may vary depending on how you use our Services.
6. Participating Carriers. UI text messages are supported on all U.S. carriers. Please note, however, that the supporting mobile carriers may change without notice, and the particular text message program you join may be limited to specific carriers. UI and the mobile carriers (for example, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile) are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
7. Eligibility. By consenting to receive UI text messages, you represent that you are 16 years of age or older and understand the obligations and agree to the terms set forth in these SMS Terms. You further represent that you are the subscriber of the cellular service at the mobile number provided or that you are authorized by the subscriber to sign up for texts.
8. Opting Out of UI Text Messages. To opt out of text messages, you must text STOP to that number. Text HELP to that number for help. After doing so, we may send you confirmation of your opt-out via text message. You further agree that texting STOP in response to our text message is the only reasonable method of opting out of our text messages. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than “STOP” or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out. If you have revoked consent and want to re-enroll in our text message program, you can re-enroll by texting START or otherwise enrolling through our website or through communications with us.
9. Modifications to these SMS Terms. We reserve the right to modify these SMS Terms, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued enrollment in UI’s text messaging program shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions, or deletions.
10. Disputes. Any dispute or claim relating in any way to these SMS Terms will be resolved in accordance with the “Arbitration and Class Action Waiver” section of our Participant Terms and Conditions.
11. Contact Us. If you have any questions, comments or requests related to these SMS Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.